Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Thank you, and thank you mister bathroom-fixer!

Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday yesterday! It was mostly happy, I went to lunch at the Pancake Pantry and saw the requisite country music star (yes, he's cute, and was hamming it up with several tables on his way in) and had eggs and pancakes and it was yummy. My friend and I were supposed to go out, but at the last minute they had to go buy a car...in Alabama. So I stayed home and worked on some knitting, and cooked a nice dinner. My phone needed some repair so I spent a little time over at Sprint waiting for it and wishing they would get with the program.

I thought something looked off when I came home, though. I mean, I know I didn't leave the bath mat on the floor. I always hang it over the tub. I thought "the cats have been busy" and went on my merry way - till this morning. Went to turn the shower on. Someone evidently "fixed" it yesterday while I was gone. The handle was reinstalled upside-down, so that hot and cold are flipped, and they stripped the screw so I can't actually use the handle. Taking a shower was a trick. Also the water pressure is shot. I left a rather annoyed message on the answering machine, and if the moron helpful person who fixed broke my shower hasn't already told them he needs to come back and replace it, they sure know it now. Hopefully it happens soon.

So a broken shower wasn't what I expected for the birthday. Hi mister bathroom-"fixer"! You shouldn't have!"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Insert Homer Simpson voice here) "Mmmmmm. . . Pancake Pantry. . . "

9:26 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Fabulous!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Love This Space said...

Ugh, I'm with you. The maintenance guys that are supposed to fix my stuff usually do a terrible job for me too. The same three things have been at different stages of "broken" for a year and a half.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Wierdlings said...

It was my bday too yesterday! ::woot:: Happy belated birthyday to you!

11:30 PM  
Blogger holly said...

OMG--in the same place with Dierks, I think I would've sat there with my jaw to the floor! I don't like that he cut all his curls off though!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home