Sunday, July 01, 2007

Happy News!

Remember Deerie, who was sort of hanging out behind the apartment and occasionally chasing that guy walking his dog?

Turns out this is why:

Deerie had twins!

If you click it you can see there are two. One is going behind the hedges. The picture is not the best because she is moving. I gave her an ear of corn today, she can probably use it.

Today I knit the buttonhole band on Twist, and purchased some buttons for it. More than ever I am reminded that this sweater was a trial run - because I wanted $20 worth of buttons but made myself go with something a bit plainer, but just as nice. Because I think I spent about $36 on the yarn. It's already showing - pilling a lot - but I have learned a lot of lessons and found things about the pattern I'd change next time anyway.

I have to knit the collar and sew on the buttons, and then it's finished. Hopefully by next weekend I'll be done, but at the moment I can barely stand to look at it.

Schmade says, "I'll say."

LOL Grady

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Aw, fawns!!

LOL at the "snooz."

9:29 PM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

I see it! I see the baby deer! Awwwwww. How close did you get to the deer, or did you just leave the corn on the ground?

I hope you'll talk about the stuff you learned and would do differently with Twist, because that stuff is always good to know.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling-I have yet to finish Ariann. I made Twist-at least it is finished. I am getting sick of my UFOS. Cute kitty and fawn.

9:39 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

How beautiful!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Dk's Wife said...

Absolutely beautiful!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

This just made my day! I love my animals, even when they eat my plants! They're gorgeous!!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home