Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Dancing close to the edge

It's amazing how a new shower fixture will brighten things up. It's very pretty and nice. I was going to take a picture but I thought that would be dancing way too close to the edge of Actual Crazy, so I decided to refrain.

I also got a bag of microwave popcorn, left on the coffeetable with a sticker on it that said "maintenance popped in to fix your troubles." Too bad I didn't get one yesterday that said "maintenance popped in to break your stuff and will pop back tomorrow to fix it." The office said they went to the wrong apartment.

I hate to say it, but my little Pixie is not well. She's in the hospital again, this time with a high fever and a little bit of trouble on the part of the doctors figuring out what is going on. She has a minor kidney defect, and has been taking antibiotics to prevent infection. It's possible the antibiotic is masking an infection instead of preventing it. I'm a little sad for my poor sick penguin today, but I know she's in good hands.

Only a little bit of stealth knitting last night. My Tour de France knitting project this year is going to be mostly garter stitch and completely unexciting. Come on, July 7! Come on, Ivan Basso! (Really, I am making it sound worse because I won't be able to talk about it, so I'll also have another bloggable project going as well.)

Happy Wednesday!

9 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

Sending get well thoughts to your Pixie.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon Pixie!

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're all sending healing thoughts Pixie's way.

9:34 AM  
Blogger twellve said...

are you a Tour de France fan? i'm planning on watching the first stage in London next week. VERY exciting.

hope your Pixie gets better soon.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers and hugs for Pixie, and her Momma!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hugs for you and Pixie!!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Much love to you and poor Pixie!

6:05 PM  
Blogger meg said...

Healthy Pixie vibes are heading your way.

8:49 PM  
Blogger kemtee said...

Get well soon, Pixie-love!

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home