Saturday, June 23, 2007

I'M IN UR STASH

Or, as I like to call it, LOL SOCK YARN.

I have added a lot of stash photos to Ravelry lately, and y'all, it totally rocks. It is so good to not have to dig and hunt around to find yarn, I know it's there if I've got it at Ravelry.

What a brilliant idea this place is. If you haven't got your invite, be patient! Casey quit his job to work on it full time. It's getting there! If you have, I'm Mean Girl. Friend me! Pretty soon we'll ALLLLLL be friends.

I have a cheat to show you. Because everybody needs a The Cheat. (Does anybody go to see StrongBad anymore? Teen Girl Squad Rox!) I put in my second sleeve last night and immediately noticed a problem. Four stitches between sleeve and cable panel on one side, and on the other...five and a half. Whoopsie! It really showed. So I did this:

Twist

Then I ripped out the seam:

Twist gets a fix

Then I sewed the sleeve again, along the gray yarn but not twisting my working yarn around it. Now they match. Tricksy!

My Knittyboard Spring Fling pal sent me a lovely skein of TOFUtsies in pretty strawberry colours:

Tofutsies

Fee checked it out and said she could not smell crab on this yarn anywhere. (You know TOFUtsies contains chitin, right?)

5 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Twist is looking good! Nice save there! Glad Fee made sure your yarn was crab-free! ;)

9:25 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Trivially, there's also a hair place in Hill City, SD, called Curl Up & Dye...

9:36 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I have that exact sock yarn! I crocheted an ipod nano cover out of it, and I LOVED working with it!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

That's a pretty snazzy trick! Lovely sock yarn. My cats have no interest in crab, btw -- they only like canned tuna. Not tuna steaks, or salmon, or anything classy!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Thankfully no crab smell...since I carried a ball of it around in my purse all day! People would start talking abiut those "stinky knitters".

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home