Monday, July 16, 2007

Good news

Out of a bit of sheer panic coupled with the advice of my chiropractor, I spent a rather lonely two and a half hours today getting an x-ray of my right hand (the wait was long) and not only did I get to see how a digital x-ray machine works, I got to see all the bones in my right hand and found out I do not have a scaphoid fracture (at least so far, sometimes they show up later) although I do have some pain in the ... anatomical skullbox? Snuffbox? Shoebox?

The other news is that I have a rather stiff splint for 5 days, which is by far better than those available at the drugstore, and I was tested extensively for carpal tunnel syndrome because of my occupation, and I do not have it. (Thank you Lord!) If my wrist is not better in a week (no pain without Advil) then I have to see an orthopedist. But I've seen him before, and he's nice.

X-rays are cool. Check out these pictures! Who would have thought flowers would look so cool?

Contest ends tomorrow night at midnight! Only two-word comments will be entered, so choose wisely!

7 Comments:

Blogger bellamoden said...

I'm so glad you've got a better splint and pronto care for your wrist. That stuff isn't to be toyed with.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yay, glad for no fracture! Yep, it's the anatomical snuffbox, near the scaphoid. So that's why they thought it could be that! Cool about digital xrays huh! It makes my job so much easier let me tell you. My lungs appreciate not being exposed to the chemicals any longer. Now if I can move from NC, my lungs would appreciate it also!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

So glad your hand is OK. I have hand trouble every once in a while and end up wearing one of those stiff splints. They're uncomfortable and make any form of knitting or crocheting almost impossible, but they help.

Those flower pictures are beautiful. It never would have occurred to me to X-Ray them!

7:09 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

I've worn those splints, too. They're so useful! It's almost like magic, the way your hand feels better for being immobilized.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad your hand is ok!

and thanks for designing the sock pattern... I was worried when I was looking for a pattern that I'd finish knitting the socks and they wouldn't fit the boy's gigantic feet, until I found your pattern :)

3:23 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

Glad you're not broken. I mean, your hand. I am in a splint for 4-8 weeks for tendinitis, so I feel your pain.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Deenz said...

Good to hear the hand's not as bad as ya feared (as I catch up on blogland). I love that X-ray photographer - in fact, that's been my 2007 calendar, lol...

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home