Sunday, May 27, 2007

Vacation summary!

I almost typed "summery." Because I am like that.

Ten things about my vacation you should know:
1. I saw a manatee. A real, life, honest-to-goodness, rusty-pipe-looking manatee. It was swimming off the dock at Boondocks, a super great restaurant I always went to with my folks. Since they are moving awaaaay from Daytona Beach, we will just have to find something similar in Gulfport.

2. Found on one of nephew (Chief's) detention papers by my sister: "I AM IN DETENTION BECAUSE I WROTE THE WORD 'FART' ON MY PAPER." Subsequent quizzing revealed that a) they were doing mad libs; b) technically, 'fart' can be a noun or a verb; c) the trouble came when Chief had to read his mad-lib aloud in class.

3. I am a little embarrassed at how much I laughed when my sister told me about #2. (Ahem.)

4. My niece (Pixie) is talking like mad and calls me Aunt Jen - and it's understandable!

5. Osmond brother lookalike one row up from me on airplane talking in very loud voice to two eleven-year-old girls who were crushing madly on him and did not really care how to do a Sudoku. (It's ok, because he didn't really tell them how, despite a lot of talking.)

6. Lots of Halo. Me and Chief like to obliterate the Flood by switching - first I'll shotgun and he'll sweep, then we switch. (I apologize if that sentence made absolutely no sense to you.)

7. Kitten videos. (There is apparently nothing more fun when you are almost two.)

8. Crazy yard sale people tramping through the house to look at washer/dryer for sale: a) Guy with shorts and white tube socks pulled up to his knees; b) 14,000 fanny packs and sun visors; c) frizzy perms; d) sun damage; e) more guys with white tube socks pulled all the way up. This one guy, if he could have made leggings from his socks, he'd have done it. They were pulled up so high they were almost see-through. (He didn't buy anything.)

9. An entire bag of White Rabbit candy ALL FOR ME. (Haven't seen these in years, I am SO HAPPY!)

10. Really really really really really really tired.

Pixie

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Tired - but in a good way, it sounds like!! Glad you had a great visit.

10:53 PM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

Oh, this sounds like an awesome vacation! I'm glad you had such a good time. Also, since when is 'fart' a bad word? Huh.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I'm glad you had a great time - but you did you use the words 'rusty pipe' to descibe the manatee?

1:15 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Cool a manatee! Sounds like a fun time! Cute lil' Pixie!

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made me giggle. (See through tube socks. too funny!) I do not play Halo, but my boys do, so I actually kinda understood that one! LOL

I really enjoy reading your blog. You seem like someone I'd enjoy having for a friend...

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home