Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Getting my act together

Well, the bad news is the buyers for my mom's house had their financing fall through, so we are back to square one. Bah.

Oh, I'm just gonna complain today. Normally I keep on the sunny side but there was the part this morning where somebody accidentally went just outside the catbox and then somebody much taller stepped in it just as she was going to put on her socks. There was the traffic part and the feeling pms-y part and "I bought the wrong size air filter for my furnace" and three of my favorite people are not coming back on House. And I know my momma is upset and that makes me sad too. Waaah.

And then on top of all that I kept looking at that right front of Twist and thinking there was something not quite right about my armhole shaping...then I realized that when you work a front by doing the same shaping you did for the back and it says "decrease five stitches at the beginning of the next two rows" you are only supposed to do one set of decreases, because you are ONLY DOING ONE ARMHOLE.

Why I did this right the first time (for the left front) and wrong the second can only be chalked up to how completely tired I was Sunday night when I came home and thought knitting would be a good idea. (I did have enough sense to do them both on the same side of the piece, in two consecutive rows, but never noticed how odd it looked until today.)

But hey, the good news is that I AM FIXING IT. All by myself, although it is my first sweater and cabled! (I usually do fix things myself - I will be DANGED if I will wait for a yarn shop to open and then go over and tell them to fix it for me. I have my pride to think about.)

My camera is out on loan for a day or two, but here's a picture I took this weekend in Kentucky - it's green hay. Have y'all ever seen green hay? I never get tired of it! It's very nice. I hope the horses like it. (Yes it's from the window of a moving car, and no I wasn't driving.)

Green hay!

Also, from the department of Random, y'all know those Hallmark card ladies that just spend hours picking out the right card for somebody? How if you aren't careful, you can lose a half-hour easy over by the cards? Today I realized I am like that about cleaning products. I went to Home Depot (part of the air filter search) and found myself zoning out completely over the boxes, bottles and tubs in the cleaning aisle. I don't even need any cleaners! Even my shower cleaner is stocked up. It might be that the packaging is like eating Funyuns...essentially revolting but don't start because you won't be able to stop. It might be that I'm just tired and fighting a sinus thing. It might be that my dinner at Waffle House was taking over. Either way, I escaped without buying anything - but just barely. Thank goodness.

Now that I'm feeling all better from my little vent, I'm going to go see if I can make up some progress on my sweater. Bye, darlings!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Ugh!! Especially ugh about the litterbox. Um, at least it was BEFORE you put on your socks?!?

10:47 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

grrr just one of those days!!

Glad you've fixed twist, and at least you found it out now..not at the seaming!

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope today is better! And good thoughts for your mom and her house.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Delia said...

Days like that suck. Hope it's getting better!

10:11 AM  
Blogger sharon said...

thanks for the smile, cause I had an evening like your day. It's exhausting.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home