Thursday, August 17, 2006

I learned a new word

"Apace." Which isn't anything at all like "apache", though you would think so. (Look it up.)

I'm woefully behind at work after some network issues, so this post has to be super short. Last night I finished a warshrag while watching Rockstar Supernova (Lukas continues to be the best). I can't believe I haven't got tired of making them after what...seven or eight? Such a memorizable pattern.

I'm bringing one with me today - yellow orange and white variegated with an orange background.

Which reminds me, I won a drawing over at Dye-O-Rama and got a lovely skein of yarn from Carol at Black Bunny Fibers / Go Knit in Your Hat. Not only do I love Carol's blog, I love her yarn! It arrived Tuesday in absolutely glorious shades of orange and gold. I will take pictures and post - meantime, go give Carol some love if you need sock yarn! She is talented, smart and super nice. Thanks, Carol!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. :O) Praying for you today!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thank you! I need it.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Tania A said...

No way. Dilana is by far the superior singer on that show.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

But she does that gross wild-eyed stuff and has all the useless ugly hardware in her face. (Not to mention the hair extensions.) She can sing, but physically she's silly. (Not quite as silly as Brooke Burke, but silly.)

Call me cynical, but I just don't think a group of guys who have all been in big-time rock and roll bands or had drug problems are going to pick a hard-partying girl to be their lead singer.

Honestly, I think Lukas is a plant. No offense to Dilana, but I think she's too cartoony.

But don't you love the show?

1:08 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Ooh, thanks for the link to Black Bunny fibres!

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not tired of making the warshrags either. what gives?

8:08 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Aw shucks. And yes, cupcake, the colorway is named after you.

I hope kitty is feeling better now. I was so attached to my kitty and she had health issues as she aged; it is unnerving and upsetting. But it sounds like you got her squared away with abx. Give her a kiss and a scratch under the chin for me.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home