Saturday, August 12, 2006

I had no idea my hair was this red

But I like it. Here's a self-portrait. Though I don't usually post pictures of meself, today I was experimenting with a photo essay - different stages of makeup - and this was the Smiling, Final, Now Don't I Feel Better shot. The other stuff was a bit too scary. Maybe another time.
Me

Went to Pirates 2 again, this time in digital theater. Digital ROCKS. Movie was better second time.

Here's the sky this afternoon - puffy cumulus clouds and high humidity:
Sky:

And here's Fee, running from me and the camera yet again!
Fee escapes

I bought the Fall VK today because I am absolutely smitten with these socks (yes, you know which ones, don't you? with the arch shaping? who says arches are just for eyebrows???) and because there's a Cat Bordhi sock pattern, the Meg Swansons, a pair of Nancy Bush socks....aiyee! I'm in heaven! Best $5.99 I ever spent! I am usually not tempted by VK, but this issue is really nice.

Also today I went to JoAnn in search of snaps and buttons for The Bag. While I was there I couldn't resist a run through the knitting section - while there is precious little in the way of yarn that tempts me, I did enjoy looking at the knitting tools. I found this little doohicky and I really wish I would have bought one back when I was knitting The Bag.

Sadly, the snap sewing in was a bit of a disaster - I need to buy some red or pink thread, and stronger than what I had. It took me two hours to sew on 2 1/2 snaps, and I'm going to have to rip them all out! But I don't want to give my friend a badly finished gift. So I will redo it.

Y'all have a nice Sunday. Is everyone gone to the beach? Too hot for that here!

6 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Well your self portraits look better than mine!! (always seem to make myself have like 10 chins LOL!) Good luck with your button sewing! Wished I could help you!

My Sunday...sewing and knitting and keeping cool! (or is it being cool ;)

11:07 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

You are hot!

And the thing I loved the most in the new Vogue is that cashmere sweater with the ties? YOu know the one?

11:16 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

I bought the new VK too! I love the socks in the issue and I wanted to read the Tracey Ullman article.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

That is a great photo of you! You also have a wonderful smile. The profile photo of you on the sidebar doesn't do you justice.

Socks with arches? No thanks. I have enough trouble trying to just get the heel flap done correctly (toe up, mind you).

11:15 AM  
Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Sooooo pretty you are! Thanks for your help with the BE. I'm off to order light, not fair for there is red in my hair too.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Gorgeous self-portrait!

Embroidery floss is my medium of choice for sewing anything onto a bag...

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home