Saturday, August 05, 2006

Some things I like

I don't usually post about non-knitting stuff that I like, but today it seemed like fun.

Last night we watched The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players. I love them. If you ever have an opportunity to see them live, go! (This was a dvd, but still very entertaining.) Here is their MySpace page - watch the YouTubes for an example of what they do. They find old slides and sort them out and write songs to them...and play the slides during the shows. It's a family operation - Dad sings and plays guitar, Mom does costuming and slides, and Daughter plays drums. (I like the daughter the best. She's the coolest 12-year old ever...someone I never was.)

A site that I really, really love and try to visit as often as possible is Found Magazine, which is sort of ideologically related to the TFSP.

Yet another version of this concept is Women and Dogs, a site devoted to collecting old photos of...women...and dogs!

(Really, that sounds naughty but it's not.)

Something else that is one of my favorite things (for randomness) is the 30-second Bunnies Theater Troupe. Yes, I know I've been harping on these guys for years, but they are really good, and if you've seen any of the movies in the list you should watch them. I think my favorite is Titanic.

While you're there, read Amy's Diary. It's not very long, and it's very funny.

Tonight we are going to watch Elvis - the concert in Hawaii. Is it called Blue Hawaii? I think so.

I finished the body of the bag last night, but after grafting together I found I'd made a mistake halfway through where the squares don't line up. So I will pick it out (don't you hate it when knitters say "unpick"? What does that mean?) and rebind it today.

Happy Saturday! I'm going for a walk.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bev said...

(don't you hate it when knitters say "unpick"? What does that mean?)

I quite agree, having done a bit of "repair" on my projects, I much prefer the phrase "frog stitch" (you know, "rip it, rip it"!), which at least makes me laugh while I'm doing my least favorite activity.

Thanks for the good read!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I saw The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players on Conan once and I thought that was the funniest, most clever thing EVER. They're coming to STL on 9/14. I shall do everything in my power to attend.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home