Monday, August 07, 2006

I am falling really behind

I've been in the living room, parked on the couch for hours watching trashy-arse programs on O! - like "Snapped" - which are really just reveling in the misfortunes of others. I was also reading an article in Real Simple about narcissism and thanking God that the description in the article doesn't seem to fit me.

Because I have a closet streak of hypochondria reserved for reading magazine and web articles and thinking it's me. Honestly, one year my New Year's resolution was "I will not look up my symptoms on the web."

So I thought today that I would catch up and make it about The Yarn, The Secret Pal, and The Cats.

First, The Yarn. You remember that Betty and I had us a yarn crawl on Saturday, to this yarn store. Three wonderful rooms of yarn, arranged by color in one room, fiber in another, and purpose in the third. (Run with it. Red, Alpaca, Sock.)

I got two skeins of Fortissima Socka in a nice brown color for a secret project. I say "secret" when I really mean "unplanned" because it might crap out into nothing and then I'd have to admit to you all that once again I said I was going to do a knitting project and then immediately forgot all about it.

Also, last week I got a skein of Schaefer Anne in lovely gray blues, and three skeins of All Things Heather sock yarn. Y'all. Honestly and truly, if you haven't tried this yarn already, you have to try it. It's so beautiful and she has such a gift for color - all while being a super knitter and a mom! And she sews clothes for her daughter! (I was just congratulating myself for changing the sheets, about 10 days later than I should have.) So buy some of her yarn.

So here is that picture:
Loot

I finished the knitting part of the cosmetic bag:
Cosmetic bag

I cornered Grady and took some shots:
Profile

Up close

Physically restrained Fee and snapped another, including my looking-very-unlovely-and-indelicate-wrist:
I had to hold her down

Which brings me to Another Secret Pal gift. I got giftie 3 from my darling SP, who hasn't so much as given me a fake first name to go on (must remember to do that next time). Who is she? Will she tell? Is she famous and afraid I'll stalk her? Stay tuned! The contents:
Gift #3!

Plum Green tea (I am currently enraptured with some plum jelly GB's mom sent me recently, so this makes me happy), a daisy bucket, some AWESOME zippy bags that hold precisely one skein of yarn, a beautiful picture of Imperial Pier, CA, a skein of OPAL which i have been dying to try, and a catnip toy for Grady and Fee:
Fish

Grady is absolutely beside himself, he's so besotted with this fish. I hooked it up to the interchangeable cat toy fishing pole we have and he moved faster than I have ever seen him go chasing it. I am seriously impressed. Thank you Secret Pal from all of us at Chez I-Cord!

Time for dinner. Popcorn and a protein shake. (I know.)

7 Comments:

Blogger silverarrowknits said...

The cosmetic bag is really cute. It seems like the perfect size too. Most cosmetic bags seem to be slightly too short for brushes and pencils.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Too cute!

Grady is such a handsome boy, I am surprised he's not posing happily for the camera.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

I am coveting the cosmetics bag. Tres cute, n'est pas? It appears to be close to the same pattern that my Olympic Sweater (not quite finished yet) is knit in. Cute when small as for a bag, not so cute when takes forevah to knit!

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that was quick delivery service, glad you got you package and the kittys like their toy. I got one for our kitten also and he is crazy for it [also have one of those "fishing poles" - so I go fishing for the kitty]. Did the glass for the picture survive???

I must say that yarn was HARD to send off I so wanted to keep it. I have had a blast spoiling you and I'm not sure that is your last package, I might have something else up my sleeve.
As to my identity here is a real big hint. I'm Mad as in Crazy .... and I think they are coming to take me away he he hah hah
Your SP7
SP4MG

11:35 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yes, the glass is fine! :o)

Off to search you out

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok:
The bag is awesome. I want one. How long did it take? I have the yarn, the needles, the pattern (all by default...and maybe I should say it's MY "secret project" in case I don't ever get to it. :O) Good plan.

That Opal yarn makes me drool.

The All Things Heather is lovely, I agree about the color...she has an eye for it.

And finally: I always look up my symptoms too!! Hilarious! You're not alone! I'm not alone! We're TOGETHER in closet-hypochondria land!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Great job on the cosmetics bag! Yummy yarns from Heather (I got some too! ;) Great SP goodies and love the fish...hehe I bet the cats aren't? or are they LOL! :)

Hope you are feeling better! :)

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home