Sunday, August 06, 2006

Didn't I say "insane"?

So very occasionally I get migraines - most are mild, nothing like what some people get. I haven't had one in a long while. They make me act strange - I get all spacey and loopy before I get one. Today GB and I went to see Talladega Nights (hilarious) and ate at Waffle House after (in keeping with our habit of Theme Restaurants After Movies. You should get eggs and bacon, and have the waffle for dessert. It's blissful.). And I forgot a giant part of the movie and how could I not have realized that was Ali G and felt really spacey while we were talking and a little while later while I was driving home my head started to hurt. So, to bed with two Ex migraine and hope it helps. Right? (It did. I caught it in time.)

So I dreamed a bill collector was after me. Someone from the "Fortune Palace" - a Chinese restaurant, only I haven't ever been anywhere like that, it's totally made up - was trying to collect a bill for a meal. (Except look here, it really exists but in a place I've never been.) For $141.00. There was an operator from Sprint who called me to tell me the restaurant was looking for me, and some other crazy stuff. Kept calling me Mrs Suss. (Like in "suspicious," or "analyze" see "suss out" - British slang.) And GB called in real life and woke me up, and when I picked up the phone I was in the middle of the dream so I told him all about it. He's going to tease me for years about the Fortune Palace. So funny. I swear, the kind of things I make up.

I tried a little spinning today. I am sorry to disappoint all y'all who were cheering me over to the Dark Side, but I did not. Like it. At all. I apologize for that and I'm ready to turn my membership card for Non-Spinners Who Thought They Would Like A Try. It just wasn't any fun. I was in it for about $10 total so I'm not upset.

And it was hot. And I got some sun. Which I originally thought would be a sunburn but turned out to just be red for a bit AND THEN WENT STRAIGHT TO FRECKLES ON MY FACE. Because I will never ever have a tan on my face as long as I am alive. Just freckles. Last fall I went to a Titans game in OCTOBER and got fried - I was bright red for a week and you know what happened when the red went away?

Freckles.

8 Comments:

Blogger Carrie K said...

At least you tried it, which is more than I'm planning on doing.

If your freckles all run together it'll look tan! That's what we used to tell my mom. Sweet kids.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I like freckles. Naturally I don't get them. A classic case of "the grass is always greener on the other side" I know what you mean about the migraine. I don't get 'em often either, but one woke me up this morning. It was so bad I felt nauseous! Took my usual migraine relievers and went back to bed. Thank goodness they worked!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

All sounds sorta surreal - migraines'll do that, right??

10:16 PM  
Blogger zeska said...

:) Why don't you give a try on someone spinning wheel if you happen to meet the chance some day? I don't recommend buying one before trying, but just checking out just in case. Spinning on wheel is much much faster and more thrilling :).

Anyhow, you did try and that is what really matters.

1:47 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Heh - now that's a wacked out dream if I ever heard one. Glad you caught it intime. Migraines are so not fun.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the "Non-Spinners Who Thought They Would Like A Try" Club. :O)

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

first I was going to comment and tell you what a funny post this was. and how we (the bf and I) also saw "ricky bobby" as I like to call it this weekend and I thought it was hilarious!! ...that was Ali G?? did not realize at all...

k, so...moving on. your dream is indeed nutty. and incredibly funny. good to know someone else has wacked out dreams (I guess lots of ppl do, but nonetheless) like me!

also...I thought carrie's first line in her comment was hysterical. :) that's what put me over the edge on having to comment. I agree. except I MIGHT like to try it one day. but that day be far away from this day. kudos to trying!

.♥.

1:02 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Glad to hear that the migraine went away.

I've been tempted by spinning but I don't think it is something that I will be taking up though.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home