Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Slow going

First, I have to report that the company behind the Dazzle camera card reader that I bought has graciously offered to replace the drive with one that has the firmware installed on it. Apparently it needs a firmware update to be able to read bigger cards, but the firmware is PC only. So I send in my drive, they update the software, and they send it back to me. (I think.)

Today is the day that my new camera cable is supposed to be delivered by UPS. Ahem. Maybe there will be pictures tonight.

Last night I watched a few episodes of The Dog Whisperer. My mom has been trying a few of Cesar's techniques to get Zeke (our Great Pyrenees, who is thought by some to be the dumbest dog ever on planet earth):


to stay in the house when the front door is open, and to stop barking at everything that moves. So far she says it works.

Yesterday (I don't know what came over me) I bought a Bare Minerals kit - you know, the foundation that is all mineral? I've used the foundation for about a year but never the mineral veil or warmth and this kit had brushes, and I am an absolute sucker for makeup brushes the way some people go for kitchen utensils or double-pointed rosewood needles. The jury is still out on whether it will replace my foundation, but the mineral veil is really what I was interested in (apart from the brushes) because it supposedly sets the makeup so well.

So last night I put it on after I washed my face and went to sleep. And really, you could not tell I'd slept at all. The makeup was perfect. Perfect to my the-model-better-look-good eye. That is impressive.

It's going to be 95 today - we'll see how it weathers 100-degree heat!

No knitting news - I'm 1 1/2 repeats from the toe of Embossed Leaf #2, and stalled on the headwrap, which is fun to knit, but not while you're watching your favorite dog trainer change the lives of pups everywhere...

Lord have mercy, on Sunday I am going to be 36.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Heh. Zeke is very sweet and loving, just not too bright. He ate a toilet brush once, and another time ingested an entire ear of corn on the cob - and sicked the cob up three days later. He's a lovable goofball. :)

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that dog :) He sounds lovely!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

Love the new header! Cesar Milan is a genius.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor doggie. I had a pomeranain once who ate tin foil and elastics and her poop came out all shiny and wrapped up! But...the toilet brush is the end all!! Wonder if he actually enjoyed it??

5:15 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Awww, Zeke is beautiful!

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Pyrenees.....I love them. Had one years ago with my college boyfriend [like about 36 yrs ago] and if I didn't live in h*llishly hot country I would love to have another one. Give Zeke a kiss for me.

And so you are going to be 36 huh...it ain't so bad. HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Your Secret Pal - SP4MG

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home