Thursday, June 15, 2006

A quick, pictureless post

So, my trip was fun. Exhausting, but fun. I'm through row 61 of Shedir, but can't show you a picture because I left my camera cable in Chicago at my sister's house on the same day they were traveling to Florida on vacation. (The dog has probably eaten it by now.) So I went to CompUSA and tried to get a cable, but it turns out Fuji doesn't make it that easy. You have to buy a FUJI cable. Or something. So I bought a card reader. Took it home, cut the package open and somehow broke my scissors doing it.

You know how I broke the scissors? By cutting through the cd that was contained in the package. The one I'm not supposed to need, because I'm on a Mac.

THAT was a waste of $20. The card reader doesn't show up on my desktop. At all. For no apparent reason other than pure crappiness. Never, ever buy something called a Dazzle Avanti Portable xD and Smart Media reader. You know why? Because it is abso-friggin-lutely impossible to get any technical support from these people.

Because it should have been a simple download to make up for my scissor shenanigans. Not. Simple. At all. I checked approximately 475,000 websites, downloaded useless software, restarted several times, wiggled plugs, verified that my computer was seeing the drive - all to no avail. My card simply won't show up.

And these idiots just made $20 off me that I could have spent on sock yarn.

So I spent another $20 and bought a replacement cable from PC Cables online. Transaction took all of 30 seconds, and if I get my cable back from my sis, I'll throw the new one in my suitcase to forever be known as my "travel" cable - like I have with phone, iPod and other chargers - thereby insuring I never, ever, ever have to spend another five seconds of my life trying to find software to work with something called a Dazzle.

Which, quite honestly, doesn't quite deliver on its name. I am not in fact Dazzled.

:)

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Ack!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

double ack!!! I hate it when things like that happen!

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Fuji too - I can't understand why they don't just use a USB cable either.

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home