Saturday, May 06, 2006

Somebody take away my camera

And my Kool-Aid...I went yarn-hunting this morning and got 4 skeins of Paton's Classic Wool and an 18" piece for my niddy-noddy (36 is just too big). I wound off the first two skeins into around a hundred yards each - just practice. A third is soaking in a bath waiting for some Wilton's.

These were all done with Kool-Aid.

Outback:
Outback

Confetti:
Confetti

Juice:
Juice
(Photos lie - the black cherry came out really uneven.)

I had fun. I'm trying to figure out how long (realistically) it takes me to do this.

Also, Grady had a bath and is now sparkling clean:
Grady

Fee dodged the camera as usual, but she's looking fluffy from her soak in the tub:
Fee

I worked on my Knit and Tonic socks:
Stripey socks

Although I'm not done with the first, I avoid second sock syndrome by working on both socks at the same time, so I started #2. Stupid me, I was trying to get the two balls of yarn the same size and I cut out a piece from one and put it in the other...backwards. So that is why I have a green toe on both but the first two stripes are in reverse order. Then it straightens out. I'm not "fixing" it. It's just how they are. My fault.

And I need to remember to wear gloves, my fingertips are red! Love the green and orange together. Must play some more with that.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Outback one best.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Me too...it has the best contrast.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love your colors...yeah even the red ones :). Your K & T socks are looking good, and the toes have character..besides, whose gonna see them and even notice...well besides you ;) Good job!

9:10 PM  
Blogger spiff said...

on the other hand...i like confetti best. it's got a nice blending effect that i like better than contrasts, although i have to say that they all turned out beautifully.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Hi Jen,

I liked the third one the best - I can't wait until you have wound them up...

More pictures!

Jo

6:56 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Wow, you got some great results! And I can give an Aussie stamp of approval to the Outback colourway.

Your cats look remarkable calm after being bathed!

4:51 PM  
Blogger The Chickengoddess said...

Wow, nice yarn! You are waaaaaay ahead of little old me. FYI the Jacquard dyes are the 1/2 ounce, but I didn't purchase a kit, just bought a couple here and there (the store is on my way home from work - dangerous!) ever since I heard about Dye-O-Rama. The Kool Aid purchase was all at once, though, and that checkout girl may never forgive me:)

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Koolaid dye - I have dyed many skeins with this & love it! I recently knit baby socks with mine & gave them as gifts - people can't believe that they are dyed from Koolaid. I am thinking of crocheting a blanket with off white wool & then using a spray bottle to "paint" a picture or "scape" on the blanket with Kool-aid mixed with vinegar. I don't know if I will be brave enough to do it or not!
I love the socks too - don't worry about them matching exactly - you can buy that kind at WalMart - yours are unique!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home