Saturday, April 29, 2006

I should be committed...

...but somehow I'm still on the fence about the fabric I just bought for the couch. I really, really love it but I am worried it will be ugly as a couch. I just worry a lot.

(Oh, you thought I meant...committed? No, I mean in the "commitment" sense, not the...oh, never mind.)

Today I went to a lovely, wonderful and magical (if you're looking for fabric) place in Fayetteville, TN called Sir's Fabrics ("A Beautiful Selection of Drapery"? They ought to fix that). Bolt after bolt after bolt of loooovely upholstery fabric. Stack upon stack upon stack of remnants - draperies, upholstery, outdoor, suiting. And (I am not making this up) pre-cut John Deere tractor quilting squares. The most expensive anything I saw was $15.99 a yard. That's it! Scandal!

When I was in Russellville last week, by the way, there were a lot of people selling throw pillows made from the John Deere stuff. With big green ruffles. (Shudder.) Or big yellow ruffles (double shudder). And potholders. Purses, for crying out loud.

So what we have here is the base fabric (it's a lovely camel color called Beach). The color almost exactly matches the Zara color swatch I knitted. How's that for crazy? The paisley and the red chenille will be made into 20" throw pillows, and the necktie patterns will be small oblong pillows. (I already have all the inserts, hope you didn't just choke on your food.) The blue one looks a bit green here - but it picks up some of the tones in the paisley. The damask you see in the back is the couch as it exists today.

Fabrics

So then we had a delicious, yummy lunch at a place called Cahoots (awesome salads) and went back for round 2. Kim found a lot of stuff to finish out some projects she's been working on. We drove back and it sprinkled rain a little.

A good time was had by all.

In knitting news, I frogged about half the bath mat because I inadvertently discovered I am supposed to be knitting *6* rows of garter and then turning, and I was knitting *9*.

(I thought it looked a little huge)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Raye said...

LOVE the fabrics. Think they will look quite stunning on the couch!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Those are really elegant!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home