Thursday, April 27, 2006

Harlot Day!

Today is Harlot Day!

(How many times in your life do you get to say THAT?)

I finished the couch-color swatches and we ended up picking the middle caramelly color (knit in Zara). I would post pictures but that would be phenomenally boring. The middle color seems to a) not pick up cat hair b) be light enough so the couch won't become a brick wall in the living room and c) won't show every stain it ever gets (though I am going to get washable fabric and preshrink it before it goes to the upholsterer).

I feel very scattered knit-wise. I worked on one of Guitar Boy's re-vamped Thujas last night. I had worked a short-row toe on it, but he didn't like it (it was too long) and for the afterthought heel I worked a 44-down-to-16 toe (it was too short). After poking around some in my knitting books (this is why you buy knitting books, love!) I decided on a 26-stitch goal for the grafted part. I think part of the problem was the heel depth, and part was the width - or how far those decrease stitches actually came down (he said the heel felt too narrow, if that makes sense). These were such a fast knit - I've got to finish them!

I've been working on a blue and green dishcloth during breaks at work. (I was happy to see the other day at the yarn shop that Lindsey seems to have gotten the dishcloth bug too.)

But all of that means that my Koigu socks have been woefully, woefully neglected. And since I've got enough Vesper for two pairs of socks, enough Sundara for one pair of socks, two skeins of Mean Girl on the way from Mama-E and just ordered a skein of Antigone from Julia...I'd better start knitting.

However I do consider myself lucky that only unfinished socks seem to be showing up in pictures with Ms. Harlot.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim's going out of town and I'm here with the kiddos so no harlot for me tonight! Yall have fun!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Betty said...

It's a good thing I am behind on my socks so that I will have an unfinished one for tonight.

I feel like I need to get there early to get a good seat, near the front, but not the first few rows.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Looking forward to some unfinished sock photos with the Harlot!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Niquie said...

I got the dishcloth bug too... I made one pretty much in a nightt and once school is out, its all knitting, all the time.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

You lucky duck...

She did come through Philly, but it was during the week and at night, so I couldn't go...

Jo

11:32 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Happy Harlot Day!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home