Thursday, April 27, 2006

Knitting is a Sport

I'm telling you, tonight was hi-larious. My stomach hurts from laughing so hard.

I stood in the presence of Olympic Knitting Greatness:
Olympic greatness

I met the Olympic Knitter Herself:
Stephanie and her Sock
I geeked out totally and showed her my Olympic Elfine Socks. They are sort of felting themselves together because i've worn them so much (I don't think socks that rock is actually superwash, anyway) but I love them. (Also, Stephanie, I'm sorry I bossed you around and made you hold the sock in your other hand, but now you see why, don't you?)

I helped Niquie decorate the front window with postcards:
Niquie's Window Art

I made Niquie, Jenn and Eli pose for a picture:
Niquie, Jenn and Eli
Note to everyone: Eli is another Knitting Champion of the World. She can. Knit. A Sweater. With No. Pattern. (Shut UP! No, I'm serious. I've seen her do it.) She is a veritable encyclopedia of knitting and has taught me just about everything about socks that I know (except for what Kirsten taught me).

I made Lindsey and her mom Lisa pose for a picture while Lindsey growled "I hate you I hate you":
Lisa and Lindsey

I made Emily hold up her sock for a picture:
Emily shows off her sock
(That one, you have to click. Because I broke a cardinal rule of photography and it looks like Emily's DPN is sticking up the woman's nose behind her. Sorry Emily.)

I was amazed at the amount of stuff Betty fit into her Lexi Barnes knitting bag (look how much pink!):
Betty Likes Pink

And I took a picture of Ann hard at work knitting something gorgeous:
Ann Knits

It was such a fun night. It was almost perfect, except that when I got home I found some cat yark on the floor.

My hands hurt. Yeah, knitting is a sport.

6 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

You are quick with the posting to your blog. I won't be able to download, crop, and upload pics until later tonight.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Really? I just did it when I got home, because I knitted so much at the signing I didn't feel like knitting any more. I have an action set up on Photoshop that resizes and sharpens the image so I just click the button and let it go. Then I use Flickr Uploader so I can upload and tag all the images at once.

The most time-consuming thing is copying the image addresses down into the blog post...I've yet to find a way to do that fast!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, it looks like it was such fun!!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Betty said...

Hmmm...it seems as if my blog process needs some re-tooling.

I am writing up the text though currently, so that when I get to my photos, all I have to do is plug them in.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Do you have a Mac or a PC? You can get a Blogger widget - that makes it SO much faster.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous you got a photo of THE SWEATER, I was starstruck and missed the opportunity. Grar!
Looks like you had a great time!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home