Thursday, May 25, 2006

It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Yes, it is.

A big heartfelt thank you to everybody who donated for Kirsten's trip. I'll be figuring out the number thing tonight!

Not much knitting last night - just a row or two on my current sock at the waiting room of the chiropractor's office and a row or two after LOST. (My chiro has been working on loosening up my neck sufficiently so that I can look over my right shoulder without pain, and it's slow going.)

So yeah, LOST! Season finale! Big cliffhanger! My only question is - they said the plane was 1,000 miles off course when they crashed. Did the magnet do that, too? Or was something else at work?

Glad Taylor won. Am I the only one who thinks Dionne Warwick looks absolutely fabulous?

Oh, did I mention I'm a member of a Beauty Club now? How funny is that?? (It's not what you think, I just find it hysterical that they call it that.) I got the Sally discount card the other night - I was buying dye bottles there. They were graduated plastic, on sale for 99 cents each (I bought nine, they didn't have any more). These are for dyeing yarn - 1 color per bottle. So anyway, the discount card means that instead of the regular price on stuff, you pay the secret price - the last few numbers in the string of numbers above the price. The card is $5 but by the time I got done buying Nail Life (best clear strengthener ever), cuticle terminator, a nail file and those bottles it cost me 30 cents (they apply the discount right there). And yes, I really do like to get my toenail polish there, and this gimmicky thing called Tween Time, which is a wax crayon that turns into a hair retouching stick when you get it wet. Magic! Touches up your roots! Washes out! (If you dye your hair you should get one. They are my beauty pick of 2005.)

Yes, you should take a picture out your window even if it's boring, a carport, getting dark out, the window is dirty, or you're worried it will be a stupid shot. This is a photojournalism project! Reality is what matters. Let us see the view that you see, what things look like from where you are (the postmodern implications of that are staggering and somewhat nauseating, but I'll go with it). If the window doesn't work, take one from your patio, back door, front door or is in some other way a picture of something you see every day. Ok? Ok! :)

I have to do a photo shoot Friday night. Not art direct, actually shoot. I do this about four times a year. I like it, but I always get nervous. What if I forget to focus? You know, amateur stuff like that. I could be a professional worrier if I didn't knit. Knitting lets me worry with my fingers and frees my brain for other pursuits.

Speaking of other pursuits, time to leave for the office. My car a/c isn't working. If it's broken and costs more than five hundred or so to fix, I'm just getting another car. I know this sounds dumb, but I already have an oil leak and that's an expensive fix and if this is an expensive fix I might as well invest that same money in something that's newer. The only rule is that it has to be something I can pay off completely in a year or less. So yeah. Dippy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

Ahem! Check my blog.

:P

8:27 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I left a post it out so I remember to take that picture...

Hopefully the AC problem is easy to fix!

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sally's bottles - be careful with those, they have a tendency to leak and spray if you squeeze too hard, ask me how I know! :) I ended up cutting off the tips of them to make the opening a little bigger and it worked like a charm!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

THANKS for the warning!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Window.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Niquie said...

http://ohthecuteness.livejournal.com/110709.html

There is one... look on my flickr page for 2 more.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home