Wednesday, May 24, 2006

All right y'all, cowboy UP!

Post a picture of a view from your window! You don't even need to put the place. I want to see what you see. :)

I worked some on the Embossed Leaves socks last night. I'm not exactly sure how long to make the foot but finally I devised a scheme - count toe rows. There are 20 toe rows, so my suspicion was confirmed - it's a very short toe. So I measured in my gauge how much room 20 rows takes up - I have to knit past the base of my big toe for them to fit.

Which is okay - I have been modifying this pattern ever since I started knitting it. It's worked out really well to decrease the number of stitches for the foot, the ribbing is stretchier (and nicer, to my mind). I can't wait till this sock is finished, because the details are awesome...the way the ribbing from the cuff becomes a stem on the leaf above it (same with heels, which is truly cool) and I keep hearing everyone gushing about the toe. It really is pretty - I highly recommend knitting it. The sin of asking the knitter to break the yarn after the heel is a forgivable one.

I ordered a skein of Scout's yarn last night in the Zutano colorway. (Go on over to her Etsy site if you want some - there's about five skeins of different colors left!) I should have resisted but it's so gorgeous I literally couldn't resist. Oh well, I've been home sick lately and haven't spent a ton of dough.

Now I REALLY wish my dyes would get here! This weekend is going to be spent dyeing yarn for my pal. I think tomorrow night is going to be Skeining night. I'm a little nervous about using that niddy noddy to measure my yarn (since weighing isn't that exact and I don't have any other way to do it).

So anyway, what's the view from your window??

6 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

I actually did take a few photos from our back deck yesterday. We have woods. I spotted a bunny. And it was the perfect day. I still have to download from camera to laptop and do some cropping/resizing.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Niquie said...

do you really want a picture of my car port? thats all you can see out of any of my windows... I'll take one tonight when I get home

9:07 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

My windows are so dirty!! Eeek. Ick. They're being replaced in two weeks, so I haven't been inspired to wash them...

9:44 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

You don't need to take the picture THROUGH the window...just approximate! Porches ok. ::)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

At the moment I'm leaving for work while it's dark and returning while it's dark, so window photos will have to wait for the weekend!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Lene said...

When I look out of the window from this spot, it is the lake. And the forest on the other side of the house.
Love those socks you are knitting.

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home