Tuesday, January 17, 2006

That iMac Core Duo

I found a site that had some pretty good forums/discussion about the CS2 issue, and a benchmark test to run for comparisons with machines. The basic idea is to download a jpg, run a radial blur with certain settings, and time the processor.

On my G5 2Ghz dual/2G ram at work running OS 10.3, it took 56 seconds. Apparently in Rosetta, this same action on a new iMac takes 1:05.

That is absolutely negligible lag time. But this was a 12 mb file. I wonder how it handles a 170 mb monster.

I'm still leaning toward the Intel iMac, I think.

Later: I tried it on my pathetic little G3 400, and so far we are at six minutes and counting.

Still later: 10 minutes and six seconds. Argh.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, Apple makes me drool. I was *that* tempted to upgrading my Powerbook and then I remembered that all I do on it is surf, chat and update my blog. Not exactly intel processor worthy. =P

1:23 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

HA! :)

1:55 PM  
Blogger Niquie said...

mmmm.. yum for macs. I makemy spending money working on the babes. The new intel macs are going to be very nice. I'm slightly sad that they are using intel chips, but most people don't realize that most mac parts aren't really apple's stuff anyway. As long as the logic boards keep doing their awesome things I will be happy.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home