Saturday, January 07, 2006

Thuja and other assorted socks

I finished the heel on Thuja yesterday during lunch and started the foot - then left him at my office when I left for the day. Whoopsie.

A friend is feeling very discouraged at the moment, so she is getting the Prize of Prizes - those pretty shell socks Grumperina made from the Nancy Bush book. In some bright blue Palette. I am midway through the second repeat of the shell pattern, and I must say they are lovely.

The yarn, however, is crapperific in one important way. It got so tangled coming out of the ball I had to stop and wind, and got so tangled during the winding I had to cut it and knot it back together. I mean seriously - have they not solved the problem of how to keep a skein from getting tangled on itself when you pull from the center??? Blue Sky Organic Cotton does this too. It's worth winding the whole thing over again from the outside of the ball to avoid it.

Seriously. Have I mentioned I'm going to get a ball winder???

Other than that, it's plied a little loosely, but since it's 100% wool I'm pretty sure it will be okay.

Prize Sock

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Lovely color and pattern! Swift and ballwinder - well worth the price. They'll pay for themselves in time saved and frustration averted!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

I made the socks too, great pattern!Love the color you chose!

I'm a little worried about yours tho...that loose ply seems like your hard work might be for naught because it doesn't seem like the yarn will wear well at all!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice color and sock..I too have been getting big knots, etc. in almost every skeined yarn I get. Let alone finding the start. I am just going to rewind everything from now on..too much of a pain!

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home