Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Macs, Socks, Aliens, Sudoku and Warlords

I guess that new 2Ghz dual processor iMac is going to be my baby come January 20 or so. It's pretty. In the meantime I am trying to figure out what the heck Rosetta is and if my CS2 programs will run on this processor.

This second Thuja is seriously chapping my butt. I screwed up the heel flap by slipping the stitches of the first 8 rows the wrong way (knitwise) when I know better. Ripped it back. Then I picked up sts for the gusset wrong (I can't seem to do it the way I'm supposed to, and keep using Grumperina's pretty way to do them, which isn't technically correct but does look nice). Then I had holes at the gusset join, so I had to rip back a few rows and reknit. Then my stitches were off, and I had one too many on one side, and somehow I had to decrease about 86 times to even it up. So now I'm just working the gusset and wishing I was already knitting the instep. Which I would be, if I wasn't feeling so PMSy.

Some days you knit, and some days you frog.

"Invasion" is a genuinely creepy show. I don't know why I watch it. But I don't really like any of the characters much, and the alien thing creeps me out. On the other hand, I am absolutely besotted with Mr Eko after tonight's episode of Lost. I won't give away the secrets in case you haven't seen it yet, but it was very, very interesting. Makes me think even more this is some kind of dream experiment.

Somehow or other I "got" the concept of Sudoku, seems like all at once, yesterday. I was struggling so hard to figure the most basic puzzle out, and then it was like all of a sudden I could see it. It's odd because I don't know that I was doing anything different. I guess it was practice - like the first time you realize that a knit stitch and a purl stitch really do look different, or the first time you successfully knit something in stockinette without the stray garter stitch row in there. It's a feeling somewhere between surprise and relief. Do you know what I'm talking about?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Loved "Lost" tonight too - WTF was that black cloud?

10:13 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

Did you catch the images in the cloud? Whoooooooaaaaaaa... Definitely one of my favorite episodes to this point.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

eek, guess I need to watch all the episodes of lost I tivoed! Whew your sock story yikes! Makes me kind of nervous....I have 1" to go, then my first heel flap...

9:08 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

No, you can do it! I had a migraine.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home