Thursday, January 05, 2006

Thuja! Thuja!

I knitted and knitted swatches last night and couldn't come up with anything even resembling gauge for any of the socks in Nancy Bush's book. While I'd like to make some of those for Guitar Boy, he wants house socks, he wants them thick (like worsted weight) and he wants them machine-washable. So I'm going with Wool-Ease once again, because he liked it in the other socks so much.

So, no Nancy Bush patterns for him. That leaves two options - to knit him Dream Socks, according to the gauge I do get or to try a new pattern. I've knitted the dream socks a bunch, and love the pattern, but I'm itching to try something new. So I am going to knit Thuja. Thuja! Thuja!

The pattern looks nice and simple and manly as well as fairly interesting to knit. The link is over in my WIPs list. Check 'em out! I know the Art Yarns is superwash but I don't know anyone who carries it and I already have yarn.

And, after an embarrassing search through my stash last night looking for a #4, I can confidently say I'm in Kirsten's camp of No Yarn For You...at least for a while. I've got yarn everywhere. Literally. Some of it must be knitted up first.

But I am going to buy a needle - specifically a #6 with a 40" cord, so I can make Thuja. Thuja!!!!

Isn't that just fun to say?? (I think the name comes from the fact that the designer is a homeopathic dude, and it seems to mean "red cedar." Cool!)

However, these socks will be dark gray.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hmm, is it just me? I can't see your WIP list... :( But I do know Thuja - from knitty.com, right? I think I have it printed out... somewhere...

11:00 AM  
Blogger ~k said...

THUJA! :o)

11:40 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Madly knitting? It's right...there... >>>

12:12 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

D'oh - I figured it out. It had to do with how I clicked over from bloglines. :)

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home