Thursday, January 12, 2006

Finished sock, and bigger collection

Thuja finished

I finished Thuja tonight and gave them to their appreciative owner. :) Tee hee.

L-R: Kodak Brownie, Ansco Shur Shot, Polaroid 420 and case, Ansco GAF, Debonair, Polaroid 340 Land Camera, Kodak Duraflex III, Polaroid Super Shooter:

My Antique Cameras

This is a photo of my camera collection so far. It started with the old Brownie (and I mean old on the lower left. I've added to it whenever I've seen something that I thought would be fun. So here it is so far. My favorites are the two Anscos and the Kodak box camera. But the Polaroids are beautifully designed, and the Super Shooter and the Debonair are perfect examples of Modernism. The smaller Ansco and the Brownie are the only two that don't work.

The Brownie belonged to my grandfather - Space Dad's father, Radio Dad. He was born in 1886 (yes, Radio Dad would be 120 years old this year, and to boot he got married to my grandmother in a shotgun wedding in 1929, when he was a practically ancient 43). Well, Radio Dad was the first man in his entire county to own a radio...and had lots of skeptics who "stopped by" to "check it out." He died in 1950 or 51 around age 65, when Space Dad was 7 or 8. Somehow Dad has held on to this camera all these years.

He bought me the small Ansco too, because he thought I'd like it. Now THAT is a cool daddy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Congrats on the Thuja finish.

Those cameras are so fun! I have 2 antique toasters, but neither of them have any personal histories or stories like that camera does.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Nice Socks. I am thinking of making them myself sometime. The camera collection is pretty cool.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home