Monday, January 16, 2006

Houseguest and Cold

(Two things I have this week.)

The houseguest is an old roomie, and I think I caught a cold at the yarn store the other night. I'm taking vitamin C like a fiend. My head really, really hurts. Must stop and buy medicine tonight on the way home.

I finished one of the Shell/Prize socks and blocked it, then had a friend with size 7 feet try it on. It looks great and it fits her - but I won't use this yarn for socks again. I think it's just too soft. It's billed as fair isle yarn anyway, so it's my fault. I just really don't like the self-striping and jacquard craze that's going on for this type of sock. The stitch pattern is primary, so why muck it up with stripes? It would look terrible.

Next up is second sock, and then a pair of the Gentleman's Basic Sock in some Regia for Space Dad.

I found a cute and so soft cashmere/cotton sweater at Old Navy - it retailed for $26.50 originally and I got it for 10. I don't dare wash it; at those prices the cashmere is bound to pill at the sight of water. It's got to be the shortest staple fiber ever.

If you're a cable/stitch expert, stroll on over to Kirsten's blog and see if you can help her identify what's in the middle of the cable. I'm pathetic at that stuff...

Kirs tagged me for a meme - so here are my answers...Beware of tag!

Four Jobs You Have Had In Your Life:
1. A&W Carhop
2. Seamstress
3. Room Service Waiter
4. Server

Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over:
1. Love Actually
2. The Fifth Element
3. Strictly Ballroom
4. The Triplets of Belleville

Four Places You Have Lived:
1. Manistee, MI
2. Allendale, MI
3. Hendersonville, TN
4. Nashville, TN

Four TV Shows You Love To Watch:
1. Lost
2. Celebrity Fit Club
3. House
4. My Name is Earl

Four Places You Have Been On Vacation:
1. Florida
2. NYC
3. Canada (Ontario)
4. Japan

4 Websites You Visit Daily:
1. USA Today
2. Slate
3. Grumperina
4. Weight Watchers

Four Of Your Favorite Foods:
1. Sushi
2. Popcorn
3. Lasagne
4. Onion Rings from Sonic (how embarrassing)

Four Places You Would Rather Be Right Now:
(No answer, I'm happy where I am)

Four Bloggers You Are Tagging: (if you hate this, don't do it!)
1. Angela
2. Chris
3. Zonda
4. Nique

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hey, if that Chris is me, I already got tagged yesterday by Lynda who Kirsten who got you... :)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

D'oh! I can believe I forgot to include popcorn on my favorite foods... The Fifth Element is on my movie list, too. Simply brilliant.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Well, you're off the hook. :)

"Wise man say, it never rain every day!"

10:18 AM  
Blogger ~k said...

Wise man never been to Portland.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

BAH!

Read this:

Iran

I'm a bit nervous about this man.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home