Monday, January 02, 2006

I'm knitting like crazy!

Tonight I finished sock 1 of Jaywalker footies. There is no excuse whatsoever for my taking 2 months to finish one sock. I have just not been that into socks lately. But for some reason tonight I missed the sock. So I finished it.

Pattern / yarn notes:
The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Pioneer, knit on a #2 40" Inox using magic loop. The yarn feels a bit scratchy, but it knits up very nicely. I am hoping it blocks even better because, for no possible reason that I can discern, there are some holes in this sock. The pattern across the instep contains two kfb's in a row, and those seem a little loose to me. But who is ever going to look at my handknitted socks up close? The big rib down the middle on the top view is what I'm talking about.

I did a traditional heel, but picked up the stitches for turning the twisted, Grumperina "pretty" way. I honestly couldn't tell much difference using this method on Guitar Boy's socks, but I can really tell with this yarn. It's pretty.

I'm getting better at grafting but still wish the toe was a bit tighter. Also I've got to figure out how to hide the end better, because I think it's still visible.

Behold, I present Grumperina's Pioneer Jaywalker Footie. As always, click for a larger image.

Jaywalker heel

Jaywalker from the top

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Very nice footies!

Congrats on getting mentioned in the JenLa blog awards. :)

7:10 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

Wow, your Pioneer socks really do look totally different from mine. is there grey/black instead of brown? it's weird how much the ll colorways vary.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Mine are brown and blue - that's why I was so weirded out by yours. The browns are just gorgeous.

Now what are JenLa blog awards???

8:29 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I looked at yours again - mine have more dark brown and dark blue, whereas yours look like mostly light colors?

4:07 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Pretty footies - I'm making Jaywalkers, too (aren't we all!)

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home