Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Finito!!!

I finished my Irish Hiking Scarf! Woo! 54 repeats of cable pattern, 2 full skeins of Patons Classic Wool in 'dark grey mix.' Pattern is at Hello Yarn. It's blocking like a stinky dog in the bathroom.

I owe some pictures big time of my fo's, but I don't have any time today.

And Stariel raises a good point - even though Christmas IS my thing, by this time every year I'm pretty tired of it. A friend from Europe is totally baffled at how we Americans "celebrate" Christmas. I don't believe Jesus was born December 25 (or even in the winter) and that whole Jeremiah 10 thing gives me the willies about Christmas trees, but I think it's fine to celebrate the birth of Christ once a year. So my question is, is the big shop-fest eat-fest we have every year a celebration? Obligation? To me the most fun thing this holiday so far was going to hear Handel's Messiah. It was absolutely lovely, sacred and not commercial. It's a beautiful piece of music. It's the scripture that blesses me and keeps me going. But it is not - not - "A Very Beyonce Christmas."

Ahem.

So, one of my illustrators sent me a copy of Yarn Harlot's latest book - go to amazon.com and check it out. I thumbed through it and it looks positively hilarious and brilliant. As always. She's great!

1 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Jen, I am sooo jealous of you! I hope DH doesn't get his wrapped w/stitch holder in place LOL! Can't wait to see it.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home