Saturday, December 24, 2005

Pass the Eggnog

I made it to Chicago in about 7 1/2 hours. Highlights of my trip:

1. Signs: "Hell is HOT" sign strategically placed just across the freeway from a 24 hour Adult Superstore; "Begley's Rear End Parts" just south of Indianapolis; "Nervous Charlie's Beer and Fireworks" (bad combination); Used Cows (sign on a barn north of Bowling Green, KY).

2. Christmas Carols: "I Want a Hippopotamus for CHRISTMAS" (it's a march, and butt-stupid); a parody Christmas album commercial with top song "Dig a Hole and Put Me In It (I'll Be Dead in Just a Minute)" (sing to "Deck the Halls" tune); Dean Martin Christmas album (you can hear the ice cubes tinkling in the glass if you listen closely) because he called Rudolph "Rudy the Red-Beaked Reindeer"

Anyway. My niece is adorable and my nephew is super fun. There was some kind of altercation in the next yard with two snowmen - one is missing a head and the other tipped over. They are full of sticks and twigs. Looks like some bad stuff went down.

I knitted a few rows on Liesel and one row of Clapotis last night. Whoo hoo!

3 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

I'll have a sip of that eggnog, thanks. I'm actually pretty thankful that there is no snow here this winter, I would be more down than seemingly angry at the world. Fine eggnog you have here Jen, much appreciated. Merry Christmas.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Merry Christmas!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Heh - thanks for sharing the signs! Love looking for stuff like that on road trips. Hope the rest of your holiday was good (and restful).

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home