Wednesday, December 21, 2005

#s

# of gifts bought and wrapped: about 42
# of gifts shipped to Florida: 6
# of gifts left to buy: 2
# of gifts left to wrap: 3
# of gifts left to seam: 1
# of stores I went to today: 3
# of clerks who wished me anything, let alone Merry Christmas: 0
# of those clerks who worked at Wal-Mart: 1

# of songs on my new video iPod: 1237

Yes.

Update:
As requested by Jo, my top 10 favorite songs in my iPod, in no particular order:

10. "With God On Our Side" - Buddy Miller, Universal United House of Prayer
9. "Little Ways" - Dwight Yoakam, Just Lookin' For A Hit
8. "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" - The Flaming Lips, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
7. "Fly Me to the Moon" - Frank Sinatra
6. "Family Tree" - Loretta Lynn, Van Lear Rose
5. "I Envy the Wind" - Lucinda Williams, Essence
4. "The Lonely Goatherd" - The Sound of Music soundtrack
3. "Don't Look Back in Anger" - Oasis. (What's the Story), Morning Glory
2. "Fit But You Know It" - The Streets, A Grand Don't Come for Free
1. "There Is A Fountain" - Selah, Press On

As you can see, I'm an Americana fan, but I also like the swingy timelessness of Big Band jazz, soundtracks from musicals, and Britpop. Oh, and hymns. Especially those sung by Selah. Don't know why, but they always bless me.

4 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

I saw that iPod when shopping around my birthday in PA. It is excellent. I am slightly behind the times with my iPod shuffle but it suits my needs fine. I even was kind enough to place my brother's cheaper version of mp3 player out of harm's way today and he took it back to his room. Thank the dear Lord for the simple graces.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

How about a list of your top 10 songs on your iPod? I found out who Ryan Adams was through you...

5:44 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love iPod top 10 lists!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I put my Top 10 list on my site if you want to take a look.

Merry Christmas!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home