Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Merry Christmas, part I

Part I - Please read this article from my favorite gay Catholic libertarian Englishman-turned-American and all-round super cool fellow, Andrew Sullivan. It's a keeper. (Andrew's site is here - it's worth checking out as well if you haven't already.)

Anyway, I agree with him on the "Merry Christmas" issue - what about you?

(And yes, I do see the mistake in the IH Scarf, it was three repeats into the pattern, which is always the place where I stop being hypervigilant and think I know it, and therefore screw it up.)

2 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

We love you for your hypervigilance Jen. As for Andrew Sullivan, I appreciate his take on it on too many levels to comment at this point in time. I wake up extra early to try and catch him on Sunday morning here.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Great article and I agree with pretty much all of it! Things are definitely too extreme these days. That said, I personally do prefer to use 'Happy Holidays' when I don't know what the person I'm talking to celebrates. It's short and festive and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home