Monday, December 19, 2005

Forget it

I've amended my previous comments because some freaking idiots just left the blogger I mentioned death threats. I mean SERIOUSLY wake the snot up and read your bible, you morons. Death threats? WHAT?

As an aside -

I think it is rude when someone wishes you Happy Holidays and you correct them by saying "Merry Christmas." That is rude. It is rude to correct the speech or wishes of a sales clerk who's been on her feet for 14 hours and has probably had enough of screaming snotty kids, complaining people who trash the public bathrooms and yell at her on line, and standing up. It is bad - no, terrible manners to give so little thought to the person helping you that you feel it is permissible to correct them. If she doesn't wish you a Merry Christmas, it's because she doesn't want to - either because she is respectful of her company policy or because she doesn't share the sentiment. Why is none of your business. Do not correct her. You do not have the right, and it is not your responsibility.

Take the Christmas tree out of thine eye before attending the tinsel...never mind. Pfft.

3 Comments:

Blogger ~k said...

For the love of a small dog named PETE! Wat DID you say? DEATH THREATS? Who emails DEATH THREATS? Good grief.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree! I went shopping over the weekend and my friend commented that most sales clerks don't say "Merry Christmas" anymore. He asked me (my dad is Jewish) if I would be offended if I were wished a "Merry Christmas".

Not offended exactly... However, when you are not part of the whole Christmas crowd and you go to the mall any day after Thanksgiving and have to hear about Christmas (either "Merry Christmas" or getting asked if something is a Christmas gift) every two minutes, it gets a little old. ;)

6:17 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Agreed, I cannot tell you how many people would find it rude of me when we simply ran out of egg nog! Like I was personally responsible for the supply as a cashier! Regardless, Merry Christmas to you. =)

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home