Monday, September 15, 2008

Progress, on many fronts

I have decided that iPhone pictures look better if smaller and sharpened. To wit:

Knotty or Knice socks

I frogged my Tour de France socks. Completely ripped. The gauge was just way too loose for the yarn, and I could feel every bump in my foot. So, why waste good yarn? Frog!

New project with this yarn is Knotty or Knice socks from the Fall IK. Love them, but they do require a lot of concentration from someone who has barely knitted all summer. Now that it's been crisp in the mornings (and I am going to Michigan this weekend!) I can handle wool again.

I have also learned that politics is a dirty business, that I passionately love L'Occitane shower oil, and that I don't feel like working out today.

How are y'all?

4 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

They look great! Love the stitch definition. I think you've found the perfect pattern for that yarn.

9:30 PM  
Blogger soxanne said...

Wow! You frogged a whole pair of socks ... I'll have to tell Girl-child about that since she freaks out whenever I frog even the smallest thing. You're right, though, why waste good yarn?

The new one looks great.

And you're right, politics IS a dirty business. I wish I could ignore it, but I can't.

Have fun in Michigan.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Hunny said...

I didn't even glance twice at those socks in the mag. But yours look great. Maybe it is the solid color. Really brings out the pattern.

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look great! Did you visit Kirsten in Michigan? I miss her so.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home