Saturday, July 26, 2008

Darlings!

I got an iPhone 3G, and an eBook reader, and I've read Wuthering Heights and Persuasion all the way through since last week, and I completely forgot about knitting and blogging. I am sure to be kicked out of the Tour de France, which I quite deserve, but I have found the two novels completely entertaining, and I hope you'll read them if you haven't already. They are both love stories, but the heroes have very different reactions to being in love. (About the race: I find myself so put off by Versus' terrible "Take Back the Tour" ads that I am hardly even watching it, though I did catch L'Alpe d'Huez the other day. I also sorely miss Al Trautwig and don't like his replacement.)

Also last night I saw The Dark Knight, and while Batman is dark - the Joker is a loooooooooot darker. Worth a see, but he will creep you out - especially if you are like me and have a dislike for certain personal tics, like lip-licking or smacking and other terrible eating and talking noises (think of the Hardee's commercial where you have to listen to someone eat). That part grossed me out completely. HL is just plain chilling in the role.

Christian Bale, however, makes it all worth it. :)

I wish I had more to say - I don't. I'm in a knitting slump. I hope to be out of it soon, but until then - I'm catching up on my reading and making only plodding progress on my sock.

7/23: Slow going.

2 Comments:

Blogger gemma said...

your sock looks great even if it is neglected. Perhaps you are in the running for the lanten rouge? Sound like you are enjoying life anyway, and that's what its all about.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can sympathize; I am off for some summer vacation and finding it hard to o anything but read. I have plowed through a hefty pile of silly mysteries.
Your sock is absolutely lovely.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home