Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Breaking news from the peloton

I have just geeked out entirely and decided that my Tour de France knitalong socks will have 21 cables from cuff to toe, one for each stage of le Tour.

Grady is on a temporary hiatus from his medicine because he was experiencing some side effects. Tomorrow he goes back to one pill per day.

There is a little stray kitty in my neighborhood that has been hassling me for food. I've been calling her The Grifter. She's REALLY sweet, but usually she just wants attention. Lately she's wanted food - I know that meow - and I fed her a couple times a week or so ago. Then I decided she was probably someone's cat, because she is not skinny. Her fur is really dry though, so I am not sure she's an indoor kitty. ANYWAY, last time I fed her I think I got a couple flea bites from her. Two days earlier this week I tried to resist, but she sounded so pitiful last night I finally rationalized giving her a giant bowl of food because I put brewer's yeast on it so the fleas would leave her alone. She totally inhaled the food. I started wondering if she is pregnant, so I looked it up online. She does look rather like a little burro with skinny legs and a big tummy, and has a voracious appetite. She has no collar and I've seen her around the neighborhood for a couple years.

I can't take in another kitty, but I don't mind feeding her, and I am wondering if I should put a box out in the woods for her to nest in.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

:( She could have worms, too...

10:48 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Would she be hungry?

11:14 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

yep, she'd still be hungry if she had worms. I'd guess kittens too though.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea of a cable for each day of the tour. Tres creatif!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

How's the stalker kitty doing?

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the socks!

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home