Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Christmas!

Happy Christmas everyone! Hope you have a wonderful holiday full of peace and love. :)

I finished some socks today.

These are from the book Favorite Socks. They're the Merino Lace Socks, and if you'll look at the photo in the book, you'll see that you can tell next to nothing about the pattern from looking at it. This is a kissing-cousin to Canal du Midi syndrome, which essentially is where the photo makes the socks look completely unappetizing and unappealing to knit. These socks didn't look completely unappetizing, but there were definitely intricacies of the pattern that were lost by showing a side only photo:

Merino Lace Socks

Now look at the top:

Merino Lace Socks

The back:

Merino Lace Socks

and finally the heels: (I did make a mistake, but I am NOT ripping back to the gusset pickups.)

Merino Lace Socks

Yarn is All Things Heather superwash, needle is 1.5mm, time to knit is an embarrassing two and a half months. I've been stalled, and I don't know why. I started this sock Thursday night. I hope my productivity is a sign of things to come! :)

Anyway, don't be afraid to try to puzzle out lace charts despite what the photos show. Sometimes taking a chance on sock patterns is a home run!

10 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Lovely socks!! I like your pants too! Have a Great Christmas!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Those socks are awesome. Love the lace and the color!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Grandma Barb said...

Nice socks! You give me inspiration! Have a good Christmas!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Oh they are so pretty!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Merry Christmas to you!

Those socks are lovely. I love the bright orange and the lace. Beautiful.

7:54 PM  
Blogger dragonflyducky said...

Those are really pretty. I was not that interested in making them from the photo in the book, but you have changed my mind.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

The socks looks great! Very complicated pattern, but seems well worth it. Hope you had a merry Christmas!

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, holy cow, it's like sunshine on your feet. Beautiful socks!

1:03 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

They look like a fun pattern to knit. I have that book, too—so far I've done Waving Lace and Embossed Leaves. I think I'll put the Merino Lace in my queue. Thanks for posting additional photos—you're right, sometimes a great pattern gets passed over because of the photo.

3:19 PM  
Blogger jenna sais quoi said...

They are gorgeous- and the color makes me think of macaroni and cheese. Which is a good thing, coming from me!

Now I'm hungry, dang it.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home