Friday, December 14, 2007

THANK YOU, SHARON!!!!

Y'all.

I get my blog comments sent to an email address that's home-only, so if I want to check comments while I'm at work, I have to go to the blog to do it. For a couple weeks I have been BAFFLED because if I log on with Safari, my banner and profile pic don't show up. But if I log on with Firefox? No problem.

So after Sharon left a comment that they weren't showing up for her, either, I knew I wasn't crazy, I surfed till I found the problem, used the guy's fix and voila! it works again. Apparently my images were being requested too much from my server. Since I have a scratch-and-dent, Uncle-Louie's server and not the sleek speedboat I wish I had...well...I had to trick it into handling it. Hopefully it worked. (Maybe it is time to get my own darn url and server.)

So, a big shout-out to Sharon for letting me know about this problem, and - I can't reply to you personally because I got the darned "no reply" email (I still need Haloscan! drat!) but thank you very much, and I hope you'll keep reading since I fixed it!

If you ever have a technical problem with the site (including pattern downloads), let me know, please! :)

PS: Speaking of technical problems, it WAS Bloglines. My readers are back! Like they never left. All y'all - I am so glad to see you! Seriously! Thanks for reading!

6 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I knew it had to be Bloglines. =]

9:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

FYI - I can't see your banner in IE ver. 7.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Well you didn't lose me! FYI ;)

11:00 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I'm with Kat. I can't see your banner in IE 7 either.

And I find more and more people are going through Google Reader or another RSS feed reader and getting away from bloglines. I can see all subscriptions in feedburner and regularly see fluxuations in bloglines subs from day to day.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Lacey said...

And another vote for can't see it in IE 7.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Kaviare said...

yup, IE seven ate your banner. It's been gone for a while, but I could alwyas see your photos, so I wasn't fussed.

Great thread, though, with the christmas traditions? It's amazing how many repeats there were - the gifting of ornaments, the mathcing PJs on Christmas eve. The traditions that involved loved ones no longer with us made me all teary and sad - and appreciate my family all the more.

It's funny how sometimes you don't realise what's become a tradition until you can't do it any more. You really made me think about what I love about christmas - thanks.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home