Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Koolhaat

Here are some too-low-light pictures of my Koolhaas hat in progress. I do love this hat but the yarn is very splitty. The HempforKnitting was much, much nicer to knit with - but made for a stringier, less dense fabric that I didn't like when it was stretched. This is just perfect. As always, Malabrigo is squishy and soft and sproingy. (Does anyone besides knitters use that word?)

Koolhaas hat

Koolhaas hat

The pattern really is fun - just toothy enough to be interesting without being a full-on assault to your knitting powers (like maybe Shedir, which I loved knitting). What I mean is, you can probably watch tv decently while knitting this hat. It looks complicated, but really it's just a little fussy. But ultimately it's very simple - only an 8-row repeat, and only moving stitches around twice per series.

You should try it.

2 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Ooh! That's the Marron Oscurro right? That's what I did my Pimlico out of! It's gorgeous and a perfect choice for the pattern. Nice.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Looking good!!

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home