Saturday, December 22, 2007

Elvis is Everywhere

So, back in the early 90s I had some weird musical tastes. I won't list all of them here, but they included, in no particular order, Love and Rockets, The Replacements, Government Cheese...Dread Zeppelin, who dressed as Elvis impersonators and reggae covers of Elvis songs (and the occasional Who or LZ song)...oh, and Mojo Nixon. Mojo Nixon was a rockabilly dude from Kentucky who had a song called "Elvis is Everywhere." It's just about as silly as you're imagining right now, extra cool, and goes down in history as one of the great songs of my past.

This is one of the very very great things about MySpace. (Another is checking out people you went to high school with without them knowing, hehe.) But seriously! Revisiting your musical history on the internet is very, very fun - and sometimes very very embarrassing.

Did you know you can search the iTunes Music Store by year? You should check it out. Revisit your past, just for kicks!

4 Comments:

Blogger Trillian42 said...

I saw Love and Rockets in concert with a group of my friends back in about 9th or 10th grade. They were touring with the Mighty Lemondrops and the Bubblemen.

And I totally remember "Elvis is Everywhere"!

:D

8:00 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Delurking after many months to say "Elvis is in Joan Rivers, but he's trying to get out."

And suddenly I'm sixteen again. Thanks for that.

8:08 AM  
Blogger LotusKnits said...

Mojo Nixon also had "Debbie Gibson is Pregnant, with My Two Headed Love Child". God love him.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really like Love and Rockets!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home