Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Legend of MouseTrap

First things first dearies:

Prizes

Three prizes. I decided to do one more for Christmas. :) And because so many people had such great stories, and because we have all so enjoyed reading all the stories and thinking of our own.

My family's Christmas tradition is just kind of silly. We call every present under the tree a mousetrap. This started when the nephew the eldest was a curious toddler who tried six ways to Sunday to get us to tell him what his gifts were. Over the years the gifts have changed, but the Legend of Mousetrap remains the same. And now nephew says, "Hey Jennifer, you know what I got you? A MOUSETRAP!!!" and cracks up like it's the funniest thing ever. Gifts are always a funny thing in my house. There have been times when we've all schemed and put the wrong names on gifts and filled boxes full of nails and wrapped them and labeled our presents with elaborate naming schemes that contain clues to the contents; actual mousetraps have been bought; Crazy Dog gets into my mom's sugar-free Christmas candy. We always get a present for him, and put peanut butter on the paper so he'll open it. This Christmas we won't get to all be together, but the Mousetrap legend lives on.

There are three winners. The brown and gold yarn is Mama-E, and the green and pink/green combo yarns are All Things Heather. All three are yummy, soft, and have been (mostly) left alone by my cats.

Congratulations, Chris! (Here's her Christmas tradition: One thing that we do is go around in a circle and open packages, so you get to see what everyone receives. Chris: we do this too. I am always shocked when I hear about people who just make a mad dash for the tree and everybody opens stuff at once!) You're the first of two blog comment winners chosen by random number generator. You win the Mama-E, because I know how you feel about purple deep down in your soul.

Congratulations, Kathleen! Your email was chosen by random number generator to be a winner! (Here's her Christmas tradition: Hmmm.... My boys have always gotten one small stuffed animal. I thought when they hit their late teens they would outgrow that. No, I was reminded just last year that it is a TRADITION! So, small stuff animals are in their stockings each year, still, at ages 17 and 19! :) Personally, my tradition is to bake Nestle's Toll House Cookies while watching White Christmas and, invariably, burning that last tray in the oven! ) You win the green All Things Heather!

And...congratulations, Rainberry!You're the second of two blog comment winners chosen by random number generator.(Here's her Christmas tradition: My family's Christmas tradition is on Christmas Eve, my mom makes lasagna and then we go to church. Then on Christmas Day we open presents and eat blueberry french toast and a kringle. Then in the afternoon we go to my aunt's house and eat appetizers like chips and little hotdogs in barbeque sauce. Then we eat dinner and then we open presents.) You win the green and pink All Things Heather!

All right y'all, I will send each winner an email, and y'all need to reply with your address so I can send this yarn out.

Thanks to EVERYBODY who left a comment, posted a link, read the comments section, thought of something funny, sweet or a little bit sad, and generally reminisced with me. I appreciate y'all so much, and I have missed being the crazy poster I usually am. I'm going to do better in the future, and spend less time playing Scrabulous with my sister. :) Hehehe.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I must confess, when I saw the picture of the yarn, before reading what I'd actually won, I coveted that purpley skein. Thank you so much, Jen!! The timing of your announcement was particularly nice, as you'll discover tomorrow.

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the winners!

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I know we're done with the traditions, but the one about opening in a circle made me remember this.

One year we looked over and discovered my niece had opened all of her gifts while the rest of us had been going around the circle. My sis chided her and said that we were supposed to open them one at a time. My niece said, 'But Mom, I did open them one at a time'. We all had a great laugh at that one.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

beautiful yarns and beautiful stories! congrats to the winners!

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the winners! We always go around in a circle and take turns opening things. It takes HOURS, with everyone in pj's and breaks for more coffee, but I love it. I remember the first year I went to Adam's in the UK, just after the holiday, and the gift exchange was a crazy mad rush. When everyone had finished, the looked at me, because I hadn't opened anything yet and they were confused, but I was trying to watch them open theirs!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home