Monday, December 17, 2007

Thanks all!

I never could get it together to photograph the prizes this weekend, but I promise that I will tonight, and winners will be announced! There were so many good answers, so many lovely holiday traditions. (Go read them!) But I think the funniest one has to be the Hunt for Christmas Pickle. (I like your family, it seems a lot like mine.) I did almost all of the shopping I've done at all for Christmas between last Thursday and last night. So that's the reason for the delay; I did look at it and make a couple of decisions, but didn't shoot anything. I'll do that tonight. (And I'm done shopping, hooray!)

Meantime, to distract you here are pictures of my finished Koolhaas hat:

koolhaas_back.jpg

koolhaas_side.jpg

Pattern: Koolhaas hat by Jared Flood, IK Holiday Gifts issue 2007 (link opens IK store page; you can now download this pattern for only $4.50! It's worth it!)
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted
Yarn Source: Threaded Bliss
Needles: #6 and #8 Options
Notes: I didn't do the 1/1 LC the right way with a cable needle, just knitting into the back of the second stitch, then the back of the first stitch, and all was well, and you can't tell. Right? :)

I am very exceedingly happy with it, but I worry that the Malabrigo is going to felt on my head. It just seems really soft, like crazy soft. But I made a My So-Called Scarf with the same yarn last year, and now I have a matching hat. Whee!

14 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

It's beautiful - I'm amazed how well it matches your hair in the picture.

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hat is gorgeous!

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The color is perfect on you and the knitting is gorgeous as always!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It looks great. I really want to knit one but the magazine with the pattern was sold out at my LYS, but she's got malabrigo now, so maybe I'll have to try that. I like that the hat matches really well with your hair.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

wow!!! it's great!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Nyxxie said...

Wow great hat!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Great hat, you wear it well!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Pretty!

7:52 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

Gorgeous, I am drooling over the colour and the hat. Did it only take one skein?
I have some purple and pink. Thought it was Manos. Oops.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Kenyetta said...

The hat color goes well with you! I really like that design.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Love the hat! It is a lovely, warm color and looks like it makes a lovely warm topper too!

BTW, your profile pick is now showing up, but your header is still a red x for me.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

The hat looks fab.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

The hat is beautiful. I wish we had a LYS that sold Malabrigo. I love making hats but haven't worn them much - I'm trying to get used to it. It looks great on you. The color is awesome. Makes me want to make one too!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

That is a gorgeous hat, and I love the color on you!!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home