Monday, December 10, 2007

Good morning

Once again, I'm so sorry for being such a lame-o poster. I seem to have come down with something ELSE, or else my runny-nose thing turned into a stomach thing, and I didn't do anything yesterday except rip out my HempforKnitting Koolhaas hat and cast on again with a lone leftover skein of Malabrigo I have from last year, which is almost the same color as my hair, but I don't care - I love it anyway. (Hello, runon sentence!) Mr Brooklyntweed himself posted a finished hat made with it the other day and it's just gorgeous. So if I decide the same-color-as-hair thing is creepy, I'll have a nice Christmas gift.

Note to anybody making the pattern: On the rows where you purl two and then do a 1/1 cable, don't bother cabling - just knit into the back of the second stitch, then (a little tricky, but you can do it!) knit into the back of the first stitch. Much faster and looks just the same. I haven't yet figured out a workaround for the other cables.

I love my hat. Pictures soon, when my tummy doesn't hurt so much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Farrah said...

I'm just posting about my Koolhaas now- I hope that you don't mind if I link to your post! I wish wish wish I had known about your little trick when I was working on this. Thanks for posting- I'll be looking out for pictures.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 2 cents - I've got a Calorimetry made from some Malabrigo that is just about the same color as my hair (small world, is yours Maron Oscuro too, our hair color seems similar from the snapshots I've seen), same reason as you, I was using up leftovers.

At any rate, I thought I wouldn't like it either, but I've actually gotten compliments when I've worn it and it's become my favorite new winter piece. Show us pics when you're done.

And get better! :)

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home