Friday, October 12, 2007

Slacker

Sometimes things happen at the oddest moments, like when you're innocently walking around a drugstore smelling the shower gels on the off chance you might find something you like as well as Lush and then you round a corner and see a bottle of Jean Naté (100% more free!) and junior high just floods back over you again. You can smell the Babe deodorant all your friends wore, and see your curling iron over there in the corner, caked with Aqua-Net Extra Super Hold hairspray, hear Adam Ant yelling "stand and deliver!" in the background...oh boy, we were dorky back then. Funny how it doesn't take much to bring it all back.

I didn't find any shower gel that smelled very good. It's all soapy smelling, if that makes sense, and smelling soapy is sort of odd to me. Soapy and women's perfume-y. And I have a sinus headache thing going, so it really was kind of like going out to try on pants when you have PMS, there's just not going to be anything that makes you truly happy out there on days like that.

Uh...I worked some on Glee last night. That's right! I'm knitting Glee from Zephyr Style. The whole thing started last week at SnB when I saw Alicia working on a gorgeous version of Wicked, and suddenly ZS was what I needed. I have eight skeins of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, which is surely more than enough to make a long-sleeve version. (I am debating knitting the sleeves straight down, very little shaping, and letting the cuffs roll. And no hooks-and-eyes, I don't think.) I didn't say anything about it at first because I felt like I was making such slow progress on it, but really it's going pretty fast.

Anyway, today check out Slacker internet radio. You can personalize it, and it sounds a HECK of a lot better than Pandora. Also is easier to use. Have fun!

7 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Ohh, I've never heard of slacker!!! But if it's better than pandora, it is So worth a listen!

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh, Lush. . .

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the note on Slacker... it's really nice.

7:09 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Oooh Glee is very pretty. A 3/4 length sleeve would be nice too.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Alicia Aarnio said...

Ooh, Glee! I think that's in my queue... Emily said that they're trying to get ZS patterns at Threaded Bliss :)

I finally got around to posting some f.o. pictures on my blog / ravelry, it turned out really well and now I know what to tweak for #2!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Random, but...I used the word zephyr in a scrabulous game the other day, and I was trying to think where I'd seen it used recently. It was on your blog! So thanks! : )

4:49 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I stumbled across some Love's Bay Soft a couple of years back and I was so excited and full of sweet memorys. Then I smelled it...no wonder I didn't have a steady boyfriend! They couldn't take the smell for toolong!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home