Saturday, October 06, 2007

So-and-Sos, unite!

Anybody who came out as The Ugly One, just remember how makey-outey she got for her boy-girl birthday party in the Tenthennial Extravaganza!

And there is nothing wrong with So-and-So, except that she makes up her boyfriend Brett Bretterson. Otherwise, she's cute and funny and pretty smart, too!

So Flickr partners with a lot of companies, and one of them is Moo. You can get a set of Moo cards, tiny, printed calling cards that feature your photos. (You can also get Moo notecards and stickerbooks.) You get to pick which photos, and you get to pick the crop. (For those not artistically inclined, the software is very helpful and shows you what the crop will look like, and what's grayed-out won't print. Easy!

Here is one of my Moo cards:
Fee says, "Moo."

I have to say, professionally, as a designer who deals with major printing stuff - these are very well done indeed. Top quality. Very inexpensive. On the back you can leave the Flickr logo or put your profile picture plus four lines of text.

I think I got 20 different photos on mine - they tell you how many of each card you'll get if it divides up weird - and some of them were kinda experimental, but some others, I'm really happy with. I would totally do this again. :) Mean Girl likes!

Next order of business! I joined a sock swap on the Knittyboard last summer, and those Tesselating Lace socks I was so darn secretive about were for my pal,
Pixie. And this week, my socks from Pixie arrived! The pattern is Beatrix, from Gigi over at
Socktopia. And Pixie dyed the yarn! Very pretty. I've never had a pair of socks that patterned only on the backs. Thank you, Pix!

Sock pal socks from Knittyboard sock swap

Sock pal socks from Knittyboard sock swap

(Yes, I do need self-tanner!)

Hope y'all have a happy Saturday! For now, I have to go get ready to look SOOOO GOOD!

5 Comments:

Blogger bellamoden said...

Oh! I love that picture of Fee! Wow! I love my moo cards too, but at the moment they are all, well, yarn. Maybe next time!

Great socks!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love the pic of Fee too! Awesome socks!!

2:58 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

That pic of Fee is one of my favorites. It makes a great Moo card. Those socks are awesome! Love the color.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

I LOVE my moo cards too!

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now I must get some Moo cards; love yours!

The socks are great!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home