Tuesday, October 02, 2007

FO: Poseidon socks

Finished Poseidon socks

Pattern: Poseidon Socks (look in the sidebar)
Yarn: All Things Heather semi-solid sock yarn in Greens, available at The Sweet Sheep
Needles: 2.5mm Inox Express
Modifications: Well...the heel, toe and cuff. I really enjoyed Elinor's pattern as-is, but I wanted a quick sock fix and that meant doing my own toe-up heel and toe instead of learning hers. I cast on with a Queen Kahuna cast-on, I think 15 stitches on each side, and increased at the corners every other round until I had the right number of stitches. For the heel, when I got to the point where the sock just met the front of my leg, I started increasing every other round on the bottom only till I had 20 more stitches than I started with (60% more), then turned the heel (like you do with a flap heel). No flap, toe up, gusseted heel. I love how this heel fits me, so I use it pretty much exclusively. For the cuff, I was just playing around with ribbing and finally decided to do 1x1 twisted rib. But the pattern is absolutely gorgeous as-is...I just can't help messing around with most sock patterns I knit.

Try them! There are no purl stitches in this sock until the ribbing. The lace pattern is made from yarnovers and decreases only. It's really cool how it wiggles back and forth.

Happy Tuesday. Thank you for all the lovely comments and support about Jemima, and the lovely comments about Fee. She is blushing. Tomorrow: Moo cards!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger bellamoden said...

Moo cards! I should blog mine. They are wicked cool, aren't they?

And those socks are way cute!

Socks.... I've been lacking the sock mojo lately.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Oh nice socks. I have used that same heel and it fits great!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Elinor said...

Hey, those look great! Way better in green than in the blue I used too, I think. To be honest, if I were to make another pair, I would make them top down. I'm just not a short-row heel and toe kinda gal. :-)

7:06 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Those are so pretty!! Love them!

Moo cards, mine are on order! Should be shipping by Saturday so I can have them for SAFF!

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are so pretty!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home