Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Here I am.

Well, I guess I got lost on the way to Blogger, sorry about the lack of posting y'all but I think I got it together.

Sunday I worked at home, and yesterday I had an all-day case of the spacies which is one of my migraine signifiers or whatever. (Sometimes I get the tingling, and very occasionally I get a visual aura. But usually I'm just kind of fried.) I recognized it in time to stave it off with medicine, but it's always amazing how long it takes me to realize what is going on.

Also, GO TITANS! Love you!

So then Kirsten and I went for sushi and watched football and I worked quite a bit on my second Poseidon sock. But I can't ever not have a sock to work on, so I also started another one. It's the rib-and-cable socks from Favorite Socks, but I had to mess with it. I didn't like the 5-st cable with a purl in the middle of it, because a) it's too hard to work, and impossible without a cable needle, and b) it's not really noticable anyway. So I decreased the purl, and my cable is now a 4-stitch front or back cable depending on the side, and I will do one every 10 rows and one every 5 rows. Just for fun. I am using some bright orange Hello Yarn sock yarn.

I have had a lot of trouble staying on track with Project Spectrum colours, so I will call this one good. (Brown, orange and purple are the colors this time, woo!)

Anyway, the yarn is positively beautiful, knit from my stash, and is turning out to be a very pretty sock.

Y'all know how the vet is with those clippers...I put out a second box this morning because somebody is having some potty problems and I am trying this before I take her to the vet. (One likes Feline Pine, the other likes The World's Best Cat Litter. Can't win.)

And KIRSTEN is here! It's so fun to see her and hang out!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you go for sushi? I'm always on the lookout for recommendations on good Japanese places from people.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Bodeli Sushi on Carothers. I never get the conveyer belt stuff but it's really good, really fresh and tasty.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Koto is our favorite sushi place especially at the bar in front of Haji (the owner). Short of room service at the Beverly Hills Four Seasons and everywhere I ate in Vancouver, Koto's is the best sushi I've ever had!

1:42 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

I know what you mean about the migraine aura - mine can be olfactory, visual, or spacy, but I know what's coming...

3:59 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Glad you were able to beat the headache! Can't wait to see your progress on those socks.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home