Friday, October 26, 2007

Roadtripping, frizz, and animal fiber!

Well, I'm packed, I'm frizzy (from loading up my car in the wannabe-fog this morning), and I think it's safe to say I probably packed too much. My back seat is not far from full, and I hope that the car can handle it. (Must have room for purchases as well!)

This morning I put a bag of trash outside to take to the dumpster, and an animal got in it, so I had to clean up trash while I was packing the car. Then one of my yogurts exploded inside the cold bag I was carrying it in...I didn't think I set it down too hard! So hopefully I got through all the frustration up front, and can enjoy myself!

There are a lot of you I hope to meet in person this weekend! :)

I've been watching the Ken Burn's documentary The War, and does anyone else just love the older lady from Alabama who drops all her R's and trills them out when she has to say them? "Wauh." "Bo-oys." "Drrrrream." One of the things I love about southern speech is the tendency to stretch one syllable words into two or three, but also compress two-syllable words down into one. (Storytelling is another.)

Anyway, I wish that I would somehow find out she was a knitter, so I could her her say "merrrinuh" and "fibuh." What's left of my Michigan accent isn't nearly as entertaining.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mistrmi said...

Oh, she is wun-duh-ful!! And so touching when she talks about her brothers. . . It's a tremendous show/series/film.

Have fun traveling!!

9:47 AM  
Blogger LotusKnits said...

Nice to meet you today Jen!

xoxo
Melanie

9:52 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

I watched the whole War series, and my favorite person is the tough-as-nails Marine who had pneumonia, went on the death march when the Japanese caught him, got stabbed in the knee with a bayonet, had gangrene... and just didn't die. That's one tough guy!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

That documentary is one of the best I've ever seen- and I know exactly the woman you mean- she really made me laugh, when she showed the bikini photo! She has a wonderful accent!

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home