Friday, October 19, 2007

It was a dark and stormy night

(Apologies to Snoopy.) Thanks for reading yesterday. Colour is all about perception, you know.

We had some major storms come through last night, complete with tornado warnings and terrible mispronounciations of local town names by meteorologists. (Hint: in the South, it's not "ville" - it's "vuhl." Nashvuhl. Etc.) If you are a transplanted midwesterner like me, that i is a schwa, and 'Nashvehl' is the best you'll probably ever get.

I got the emergency stuff out, cleared off the patio because of the high winds coming our way, and promptly fell asleep on the couch. Nothing woke me up until 4am, when I got up and went to bed.

I bought some new yarn - Hemp for Knitting #210 Hempwol. It's a giant ball of tweedy goodness. I swatched already last night in it. I am trying to decide if I want to make a one-skein project out of it as originally planned, or buy more of it and make a garment. It's lovely!

This weekend I am for-sure hooking up Halo comments, and also if all goes well there will be a new hat pattern. Hope your Friday is happy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mistrmi said...

My children dislike my pronunciation of "Nashvul." You'd think they'd have gotten over it by now. . .

(BTW, good thing I wasn't raised in "Looavul". . .)

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home