Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Almost there

I love the smell of fall, do y'all know what I mean? The air is clearer and thinner somehow, and fresher I guess since everything isn't baking away all day long in the heat. Fall is especially welcome to me this year, what with our 107 degree temperatures and no rain and everything. But it's still in the 80s, so the sense is...it's almost here.

Yesterday I got my hair cut and the bling covered up, then came home and cleaned in my bedroom for a bit - mostly moving stuff and vacuuming and straightening. (Astute readers will know this is all a method of avoidance to not have to deal with the top of my bookshelf.) Then I did the same in the dining room. Tomorrow I'll do the living room. The closer I get done, the more I want to do. Because I'm almost there.

I am still working on the Poseidon socks - both heels turned, one leg knit about 2". Almost there!

I'm going to have a visitor. Gluten-Free Kirsten is coming to visit for a while...she's almost here! (This weekend.) Very exciting.

Have you ever looked around and realized pretty much everything in your life is in a state of 'almost-there'? I don't mind it at all, but I do find that patterns like that are interesting and funny. I know that most of the time most of us are waiting for something. When it all converges and you are waiting for everything, it can be exciting, or frustrating and baffling. This round of waiting is exciting for me. I am trying to keep a quiet heart. You know Jesus slept on a pillow in a boat in the middle of a storm, right? And got yelled at for ignoring the apostles' peril. There's a reason He slept...and I'm trying to learn it. :) Somehow waiting doesn't mean 'give up' or 'don't take care of things.' It means ... take care of what you can and be patient? I think?

Here is a picture of Ludington State Park, from my trip to MI earlier this month.

Ludington State Park

5 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I know what you mean about autumn being almost here. I had to bake some pumpkin bread last weekend to get myself into the mood.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read a saying once that said, "Do you best, leave the rest. Angels do no more." My problem is that somehow I don't think I'm doing my best - I get overwhelmed too easily with the "clutter." (Let's don't talk about paper . . .)

You are on the right track - accept the peace that God has to offer.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Delia said...

I hear you on the fall air - it was SOOO nice to step outside this morning and feel that crisp-ness again!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Meghann said...

I love fall and it is "mostly" here, despite it being almost 80 tomorrow here. The air is crisper and the evenings are super cool. I love it!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

I love fall! I'm so happy it's finally cooling off here!! At least in the mornings so far!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home