Thursday, September 13, 2007

Not THAT sock drawer

I am touched at how many of you asked if Fee is laying in THAT sock drawer, that being the one containing handknitted socks. No. One of the weird little things about me (I keep trying to compile a list, and only coming up with a few things that are not very weird at all, so I haven't done that meme) is that unless I'm wearing handknitted socks, I wear small white cotton anklets or no socks at all. I absolutely cannot abide wearing women's dress socks, colored socks, embroidered socks, or hose of any kind. (I have no idea, either.) Fee is in my second dresser-drawer, which houses my extensive white sock collection, normally arranged by vintage.

Third drawer contains handknit socks and jammies (but no handknit jammies).

Another weird thing about me is that I often eat peanuts without shelling them first. That is, if the shell looks reasonably clean, I eat the whole thing.

Third on the list is that I can't stand electric hot-air hand dryers. I get the heebie-jeebies from hot air blowing on my hands. (My mom looked at me with an air of wonder and amazement when I told her this; turns out we share this horror.)

Fourth, I have very angular thumbs, which greatly freak out GB if I hold them up to his face. (Click here to see what I mean.)

Fifth? I can't think of anything. But if I do, I'll be sure to tell you!

PS: Additionally, I appreciate so much y'all's kind messages of support. Thank you!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got weird angular thumbs too!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Grandma Barb said...

Whole peanuts without shelling them? Please be careful! I have a horror story! Several years ago, I went with my brother, former SIL, their kids and mine to a Cubbies game when we were in Chicago. My brother (the psychiatrist) got bags of peanuts for all of us and my nephew, Aaron, was eating them with the shells while also drinking a chocolate milkshake. YES!! He barfed all over the back of the leather jacket of the woman who was sitting in the row below us. She didn't know it until we tapped her on the head and asked for her jacket so we could go and clean up the mess. How embarrassing was that!! And now it's a very funny memory.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree completely with the others who wrote. You are a delightful blogger, a lovely person, and one of the best cat photographers whose pictures I've ever had the joy of seeing.

Let your mind feel free and clear. Your willingness to share yourself as you do so well elevates you far above the negative creeps. Keep on...we love it! Thanks.

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Urghh - I've never liked hot air on my face, but used to love cold air. Until I was pregnant with my second child when it was my worst nausea trigger. Even now (she's 3) I still can't stand it - it doesn't matter how hot the weather is. Mind you, I have no problem with it on my hands, so I don't really share that one with you...

I do share an unwillingness to put myself out there theologically though. Sigh. it would be great to share ideas with polite people, but I've seen too many people use it as an excuse to jump up and down all over each other - not good.

3:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eating peanuts with the shell still on is weird?

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home